Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Same Ride, Different Bikes

Last weekend I rode the same 32 mile ride both days, but with different bikes. I rode up to Alpine and back, stopping at the new Alpine Starbucks for a breather. On Saturday I rode my Eriksen, but decided to get reacquainted with my Lemond Victoire and skinny tires on Sunday. As currently configured the Victoire is about 8 lbs. lighter, and I did like how it climbed, though in other respects the rides of the two bikes are quite simiiar. The only time I noticed the harshness of the skinny 23 mm tires was a short section of Tavern Rd. before Southgrade Rd.

Rather than blather on about training rides, here's something completely different, lifted from Neil Gaiman's most recent post (Walter and I are big fans of The Magnetic Fields):

2 comments:

Ellen said...

That is a funny video. You have a great looking blog! It looks so professional.

Liz said...

Don't show that to her dentist!