Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cross Training Indeed!


I too was cross-training this past weekend. Two days on the river teaching beginning whitewater kayaking. Towing newbies to shore after they have flipped and wet-exited, along with their kayak, certainly gets the heart rate up! One thing I have never figured out is why it is that when rescueing a 110lb girl, she will help get to shore by kicking vigorously while being towed, but the 260lb dude will invariably hang on the rear of the boat (or worse, grab the cockpit) like a big sack of potatoes. No matter how much you tell them to "KICK! Help me out here!" they still dangle off the kayak like a harpooned whale.


The weather forecast looks good for this weekend-I hope to get some good riding in.


As an aside, Jo's order for her Strada Bianca in steel (I like to call it SBFe) with S&S couplers was sent to Independent Fabrication today. 12 weeks is the projected build time. I'll post the measured drawing later.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Nice picture! Close inspection indicates that you've suffered a coordinated attack. Careful, you may have enemies out there on the river who are crack shots with nerf guns!

Kevin said...

While it does appear that I was under attack from nerf guns, the attenae are really fishing bobbers that I found along the river-lost or abandoned by steelhead fish hosers.